An hour long kickboxing session is equivalent to an hour of fast walking or light jogging! Cardiovascular health is a must and should be added to your fitness routine at least four to five times a week.
Kickboxing that includes bag work burns a ton of calories, up to 750 an hour, and maintains a higher calorie burn for several hours after your workout.
- It provides resistance training benefits just like weightlifting and improves muscular strength and endurance.
- As a full body workout, it combines cardio training with resistance training.
- It works red and white muscle fibers and fast and slow twitch muscles.
- Kickboxing builds core muscle strength and improves posture.
- It is an awesome ab workout.
- Kicking is a killer glute workout.
- Increases energy levels.
- Since kickboxing requires repeated bursts of explosive movements, it results in a stronger and more efficient heart.
- A regular kickboxing program will improve flexibility and decrease muscle tension.
- Hitting a heavy bag is an unbeatable stress reducer… cheaper than any therapist!
- Seeing your improvement in your skill and conditioning level definitely boosts self-confidence.
- Kickboxing teaches you how to relax and contract your muscles optimally for functional results you will see and feel.
- Kickboxing saves time, since it’s a total body workout that improves strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, cardiovascular, stress reduction, and self defense skills.
- Kickboxing is interval training. Explosive movement followed by reduced intensity followed by more explosive movement is great for burning fat.
- You have an arsenal of defense weapons, should you ever need them.
- Bonus benefit: It helps stave off osteoporosis!
Call us today and ask how to enroll your child in our educational and beneficial course! (310) 519-1024. We are happy to answer any questions! Class commences Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 P.M. Hope to see you there!
( Benefits cited via Athleta Chi)
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged bjj, brazilian jiujitsu, confidence, fitness, hardwork, jujitsu, kickboxing, kids kickboxing, motivation, power, results, self defense, strength, Team Work, training
Our Kids FUNdamental class has been working very hard and we would like recognize some of this weeks top achievers. From left to right we have Samuel Sorich who earned his first stripe on his white belt, Lorenzo “Enzo” Canosa-Carr & Tyler Gates who both earned their 3rd stripe on their white & yellow belts and last but not least Zach Suarez & Joey Spaleta who both earned their 2nd stripe on the white belt. Congratulations guys, Sensei Pedro saw the outstanding job you guys did on Tuesday and felt it was time for you five to move up, keep up the hard work you’re all one step closer to becoming black belts one day.
Try San Pedro BJJ for 30 DAYS FREE, give us a call and find out how @ (424) 226-8498 (ask for Enrique)
February 27, 2014
Tagged arts, bjj, brazil, brazilian, classes, defense, family, fitness, grappling, harbor area, jitsu, jiu, Jiu-jitsu, judo, kickboxing, kids, long beach, martial, mma, palos verdes, pedro, san, san pedro, self, self defense, Sports, wilmington, wrestling
Watching our kids train BJJ is certainly a sight to see and each one of them have a personal reason behind their drive. Today we put the spotlight on two of our students (varying in experience) , to get a little insight behind their determination. Noah P. ( pictured left), is 13 and has been training for over six years. He said as a child he loved watching and supporting his uncle’s training. The two of them would wrestle often and this is where the interest sparked indefinitely. Today he uses BJJ to demonstrate among his friends, ” playing around” as he calls it. He has seen a great change in his confidence and self esteem. His ultimate goal is to obtain a black belt and has committed to seeing this dream accomplished. Anthony E. (pictured right) is 9 and has been training for almost 2 years. He said he wanted to be able to defend himself if ever put in a situation that required such. Today he uses BJJ to stay active and train, train, train! His ultimate goal is to also obtain a black belt, along with using his knowledge to protect himself and others around him. With the right attitude and determination there’s nothing these two can’t accomplish. We always look forward to watching our members succeed on and off the mat. Whatever your reason is, stick to it. Keep your head and spirits high!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged bjj, brazilian jiujitsu, confidence, determintaion, discipline, fitness, grappling, grow, hard work, jiujitisu, jujitsu, kids fitness, motivation, self defense, Team Work, train
Featured are Jesse M., and Jarry S. representing Pedro Soriano Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy this past Sunday at Pan Am Kids 2014!
February 17, 2014
Tagged bjj, championship, competition, dedication, Determination, fitness, hard work, Jiu-jitsu, jujitsu, martial art, self defense, teamwork
Today marks San Pedro BJJ’s second week of Executive BJJ Prime Class and so far we’ve had a great turn out, both in attendance and effort. Here at PSBJJ our adult members train hard everyday, but there’s something about getting up before the Sun that just makes you want to grind twice as hard. Our members leave the gym satisfied knowing that they’ve just got in an awesome workout before their day has even begun. Come join us every Wednesday & Friday from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM and get your day started right with Pedro Soriano Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy.
Are you local? Currently looking for authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes? Well then give us a call today and claim your 30 DAY FREE TRIAL! BJJ changes lives and it only takes one call to get started.
(424) 226-8498 (ask for Enrique)
or give our front desk a call @ (310) 519-1024
February 12, 2014
Tagged kids, jiu, jitsu, mma, grappling, judo, long beach, wilmington, harbor area, martial, wrestling, self, defense, san pedro, bjj, self defense, Jiu-jitsu, jiujitsu, art, Brazilan, Harbor City, Torrance, Rancho Palos Verdes, Kids classes